PVA SCHOOL OF AYURVEDIC MASSAGE & PANCHAKARMA THERAPY
Dedicated to teaching Authentic Ayurvedic programs in Kerala, India. We offer different certification programs which are available through our in class room centers or through distance learning. Our mission is to integrate traditional Ayurvedic wisdom and healing with scientific research. With our one-month training program you will be able to practice most of the Ayurvedic massages and Panchakarma Procedures. If you are interested and have enough time to spend, there are some other advanced courses also. Here we are conducting NINE (9) different training programs in Ayurveda at this center.
Introduction of Ayurveda, History of Ayurveda
Fundamentals of Ayurveda – Basic fundamental principles
Pancha Mahabhootha concept
Udhwarthana (Powder massage with medicinal powders)weight reducing treatment
100 % Herbal Facial
Foot massage (padabhyanga)
1. Introduction of Ayurveda, History of Ayurveda.
2. Fundamentals of Ayurveda – basic fundamental principles.
Abhyanga (Oil massage)
Udhwarthana (Powder massage with medicinal powders)
Kalari Marma massage
100% herbal facial
2. History of Ayurveda.
3. Fundamentals of Ayurveda – basic fundamental principles like Tridosha concept, Panchamahabhutha concept, concept of Dhatu, Agni etc.
4. Basic principles of Panchakarma – (Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Vasti and Rakthamoksha), preparations of medicines needed for each process, their procedure and their application according to the nature of the disease.
5. Philosophical theories of Ayurveda.
6. Concept of body mind and soul.
7. Dinacharya (routine activities according to Ayurveda), Rthcharya, Rathricharya.
8. Types of Ayurvedic massages : Procedures of different massages like Elakizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal leaves), Navara kizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal rice), Abhyanga (Oil massage), Pizhichil (Oil bath), Podikizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal powder), Udhwarthana (powder massage with medicinal powder), Shiro Dhara, etc.
9. Marma – the vital body points and its importance.
1. Cosmetology (100% herbal facial)
Face massage and facial
Head massage (shiroabhyanga)
Udhwarthana (Powder massage with medicinal powder)
2. Kerala Specialty Massages
Elakizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal leaves)
Navarakizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal rice)
Podikizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal powder)
Abhyanga (oil massage)
Pizhichil (oil bath)
Shirodhara (Thailadhara, Ksheeradhara)
Pregnancy massage and baby massage
Traditional Kalari Marma massage
Greeva Vasti, Kadi Vasti, Janu Vasti
1. BHAISHAJYA KALPANA: (Pharmacology)
History of bhaisajya kalpana
Dravya and its classifications
Ausdham (medicine) and its classifications
Adharabhuta siddhantas of bhaisajya kalpana (basic principles of Ayurvedic pharmaceutics)
Anukta and visesokta Dravya grahana
Rasa, virya, vipaka, karma, and prabhava
Ausadha samraksara vidhi, (storage of medicines)
Dravya sangrahana (collection of herbs)
2. DRAVYA GUNA: (Herbology)
Detail study of 80 herbs
Swarasa kalpana (juice expressed)
Kalka (paste form)
Phanta (hot infusion)
Sandhana kalpana (alcoholic preparations)
Sneha and taila kalpana (medicated ghee and oil preparation)
Vasti kalpana (preparation of enema medicine)
Visha dravya Shodhana (poison purification)
Avalehya (confectionary preparation)
Netra, Mukha, nasika and dhumapana kalpana
Takra and gritha from milk (medical purpose)
Swasthapursha Lakshana (qualities of healthy person)
Quadruples of treatment (qualities of patient, doctor, etc.)
Cause of all diseases
Cause to get diseases
Roga Anutpadaneeyam (chapters on natural urges)
Symptoms caused by suppression of urges
Treatments for symptom produced by the suppression of urges
Janapadodwamsaneeyam (causes of epidemic diseases)
Ashta nindhitheeyam (8 types of undesirable constitution)
Ayurveda: The Wisdom of Life - Kerala Ayurveda Academy
Ayurveda Course in Kerala.mpg
Share this Post