Ayurveda is a safe and cost effective alternative medicine to cure hair loss problems. Ayurvedic home remedies treat hair fall completely if it used in the early stage of hair fall. As per Ayurvedic philosophy, hair loss is caused due to excess of Pitta dosha in the body. Pitta increases in the body due to excess intake of alcohol, coffee, tea, smoking, fried, spicy & acidic food products, and hot climatic conditions.
- Aloe Vera: It is good to control hair loss and re-growing of hair. Method: Prepared Aloe Vera juice (1/3 cup) and mix a bit of cumin with it. Use the mixture 2-3 times a day for 3 months to stop thinning of hair.
- Bhringaraaja (Eclipta prostrata): It is the best Ayurvedic herb to control hair loss. Bhringaraaja is known as king of the hair as well as the king of herbs because it has power of reversing the baldness and prevent of graying of hair. Method: It is taken internally. It is also used externally as Bhringraj oil. The application of its leave paste over the scalp is good to enhance hair growth. The paste is left for few minutes and washes it off with clean water. Make a mix of dried Bhringaraj ( 5 tsp) in warm water. Cool it and apply the same on the scalp for strengthening the hair follicles.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Indian gooseberry is filled with multiple minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It is a rich source of vitamin C. Its acts like as hair tonic and hair nutrients. It makes your hair stronger, healthier, prevents from graying and a good conditioner. Regular intake of its juice solves the problem of dandruff. Method: It is used as hair pack. Make a pack of Indian gooseberry powder, henna, brahmi powder along with curd. Apply it o the hair; leave it for 1-2 hours followed by washing it with clean water. The juice of amla and lemon may be used on the scalp followed by washed the same after 20 minutes. It helps to strengthen hair follicles.
- Brahmi (Centella asiatica): Besides promoting healthy hair, this ayurvedic herb is also used as brain tonics, memory, intelligence, concentration and alertness. It promotes healthy skin. Method: Massage your scalp with Brahmi oil (Gotu Kola) to energies the hair follicles, which further smooth the blood circulation in the head region. It is also used as hair pack along with curd. Dandruff treatment is possible with the mix of this oil as well as lemon juice.
- Ritha (Sapindus mukorossi): It is known by different names such as soap nuts, Reetha, Boondi Kottai, Kumkudukaya. It has wonder benefits for hair, skin, dandruff and facial complexion. As far as hair is concerned, it is a hair promoter, hair cleanser and prevents hair fall by strengthening the hair follicles. Method: To use it for shining hair, take out the nuts (10 in number) from its cover. Crush it and dipped into half litre of water. Leave it for overnight. Strain it and wash your hair through this liquid. Continue it for a month; you will experience amazing difference in your hair. Massaging its powdered over the scalp followed by washing it thoroughly is also good for healthy and shining hair.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): It is Indian ginseng, showing important positive impacts on the body in the domains like mental, physical and emotional fronts. It may be used in menopausal ease, sexual problems, memory booster, mood elevator and revitalization. Method: One of the important factors of hair loss is the weakening of the immunity system. Ashwagandha can be used as immunity booster and vigor. It also helps in lessening of stress thereby...